“Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” – Steve Maraboli
Each day is a new start. We keep learning daily while going through a lot of emotions. Human connections go two ways by both individuals. We have so many different roles to play associated each person in our life whether they are with parents, spouse, children, friends, or family. One thing common in all is how you convey various forms of emotional connections at various levels. Some can be very close others can be acquainted. Nothing is going to be forever not the bad time nor the good times where you do not want to let that moment slip off. We all want good times to pause but things keep changing around. Another aspect is how relationships cannot be one-sided. It must be mutual from both else it never works. In case one of them does not feel that are on the same page can cause dispute and arguments.
“Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you’ll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You’ll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.” ~ Osho
A one-sided relationship is unhealthy for our mental health. I am referring to the one who wants to break ties with this toxic person or workplace. Often there is stress and anxiety involved. Also feeling of being trapped since they know that the other person does not want to let you go. They like to exploit your potential to drain your energy. We can easily be victims since these manipulators know the weakness to keep you with them. They pay attention to you when it serves them knowing the fact it is only for their benefit. It can be a job one drags themselves to work where they get insulted or mistreated. But they still show up even if deep within they want to leave it as it costs their dignity. Manipulators have the art of sugar-coating words by getting the work done. It is merely taking advantage of the victim because they are kind enough to believe it.
Every individual is unique and special in their owns way. No one has the right to bring you down. It is very important to know your worth in any relationship or workplace. Actions speak louder than words. People never forget how someone treated them. There could be either feeling of respect to uplift you. Chances are that it could be insulting or degrading you. Always learn to distinguish a good and bad feeling. Remember its not you who is bad but their attitude. We have a right to walk away from people who do not treat us the way we want to be respected.
“We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something good for you now, maybe the very reason why you don’t have anything better.” – C. JoyBell C.
Way to save yourself and navigate :
- Step out of the comfort zone – We do not accept changes easily since we are too comfortable in the phase we are in. But if you think whether it is serving you the way it has too then most of the time our answer will be no. We have to take that risk and do things that are new to us. Unless we try we will never know what our hidden potentials are.
- Learn to say NO – We are a little hesitant to refuse or reject someone thinking that they will feel bad. In order not to break the relation whether personal or professional, we often do the task which we do not like. Learning to say no could be difficult. We can use the following to make it more formal and not ruining relations.
- I have got too much on my plate right now
- I appreciate you asking me, but my time is already committed
- Thank you so much for your enthusiasm. I am sorry I am not able to help you at this time.
- Thank you for asking me, but that isn’t going to work out for me.
- Be firm on your decisions – Decisions are hard and sticking to them is harder. We need to get the reasoning and proper closure for the phase we are in. Calm your mind to see the pros and cons of the situation. If possible, write it so that it is visual when it is written analyzing gets easier. We are giving opinions to make a choice where we have to be strong-headed by following what we have decided to do.
In the end, I would conclude that we should not do things which made us feel discomfort. If it is not serving you or helping you to grow it is not for you.
“You feel what you feel and your feeling are real”- Frozen 2
Hope this article was helpful and informative. If you have any other recommendations which worked for you do mention in the comments section. Let us keep spreading positive vibes. Be healthy and safe. Stay tuned for a new post till next week! 🙂