The pain you feel are messengers Listen to them – Rumi
Every phase of life makes us stronger by the experiences we go through. Daily there are plenty of emotions going on. Irrespective of what religion we follow all of them are on the common principle of being humble and kind. In this materialistic world, we need to be reminded of our core values of humanity. Staying grounded is to be focused, present in the moment. It also means self-awareness of one’s feelings and acceptance of the things going on in the mind. Maintaining balance and self-worth also are forms of being grounded.
Our mind is constantly occupied with social media newsfeeds or news in the world. It affects our thinking power in unknown ways. Everyone has a different way of responding to the same problem. This year has three months to go and cannot believe that there will be a new year. When we look back we reflect on the past we might have some regrets which might play mind games with us. We are harming our mental health and need to learn to be more kind towards ourselves. Most of the time it is the reason we get distracted from our priorities.
A humble man will not be thinking about humility: he will not be thinking about himself at all.” ~ C.S. Lewis
Books and movies have focused on good and bad as the main character trait. We, humans, have both good as well bad but what we choose to be is our choice. And the decision is how our character is seen by the world. Usually, there is a good kind soul in every story we have read or seen in movies. We think that it is a fictional character and no one can be that good or evil. These good-hearted characters can be seen as ideal or role models. For example of all the Disney princess who has such strong kind soul which create an impression growing up that most of the kids see it as a quality which they need to possess.
“Be like a tree. Stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf. Bend before you break. Enjoy your natural, unique beauty. Keep growing.”– Joanne Raptis
Here are three ways to stay grounded :
1. Connecting to nature- There is a study which says that walking on the ground or grass makes them feel connected to nature. It gives a grounding effect. Even walking on the beach or letting the waves touch your feet can release the negativity. Another way would be shaking your wrist for letting go the anxieties.
2. Being kind to your mind – Connect to your breath by practicing mindfulness. Simple breathing techniques can help to inhale positivity and exhale negativity. We need to train our mind to be humble. Having gratitude towards life can be one way towards grounding yourself. Don’t brag about things you have instead be thankful.
3.Choosing peace – Talk less listen more. It’s our decision to choose peace. One way could be detoxing from technology. Limiting our screening time on phone can let us focus on the present. Self affirmations also work since we train our mind towards positivity. Some of the affirmations as as follows:
- I let go of all that does not serve me and is harmful to me.
- My energy is grounded, centered and focused in the now and I am safe here.
- I now release all fears, worries, and anxieties and trust that all is well.
- I am blessed. I am loved. I am safe.
In the end, I would conclude that we have to find small ways in our life to stay grounded. It has to be regularly practiced so that we do not sense pride or negativity where we loose our originality.
In everything you do you encounter sparks full of life and light, aspiring to rise toward the heights. You help them and they help you. – Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook
Hope this article was helpful and informative. If you have any other recommendations which worked for you do mention in the comments section. Let us keep spreading positive vibes. Be healthy and safe. Stay tuned for a new post till next week! 🙂